[sc34wg3] TMQL: Restrict tm-content and xml-content to return clause

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Fri Feb 27 12:15:47 EST 2009

Hi Robert,

[...]
>> TMQL hides a lot of productions in the annex A "Predefined
>> Environment". Most of the stuff should belong to the grammar.

> Exactly 6 rules in SPARQL deal with functions and operators (+, -
> ...).

> And if we decide to express these few (binary, unary) operators
> _within_ the grammar, that would change _nothing_ in complexity,
> really:
[...]

> I cannot imagine that this is the "complexity" you are writing about.

Sorry, I cannot follow here. My proposal was to *add* these rules to
the grammar. To make the grammar more complete. So, the TMQL grammar
would contain nearly 60 productions + 6. I don't see a problem here?

I am not talking about the complexity of TMQL here. I *wrote* about
the complexity in my earlier proposal to restrict tm-content and
xml-content to the return clause, but it seems that it would not take
away the possibility to have XML everywhere since we support nested
queries, so that proposal is pretty useless.

Best regards,
Lars
--
Semagia