[sc34wg3] Kyoto agenda

Steve Pepper pepper.steve at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:42:49 EDT 2007

| What's going to be on the agenda in Kyoto? It's becoming important to
| know, in order to plan everything that has to be ready in advance.

In addition to who will attend, we need to consider what documents we will
have available and our priorities in terms of new ballots.

I think it is paramount that TMRM, TMQL, and TMCL go to FCD immediately
after Kyoto. They should have gone to ballot in September, so we've already
lost three months. We are expecting new and complete drafts of all of these
in a week or so in order to meet the Kyoto deadline. (There will be no
change to TMRM itself, only to the annex on the TMDM Formal Semantics,
formerly known as the TMDM mapping. TMCL will hopefully have been fleshed
out and its syntax simplified. TMQL will just have minor tweaks as discussed
in Leipzig.)

However, without the editors we can't spend a lot of time on any of these.
It should be just enough to bring the WG up to speed and allow for any minor
adjustments that need to be made before balloting. Since Lars Marius will be
there, the Formal Semantics should be gone over in more detail.

National body comments on the CD ballots for CTM and the Dublin Core TR will
be ready for consideration, so time should be set aside for both of these
with a view to taking them to the next level as soon as possible.

In Montreal we discussed an NP for RDFTM Interoperability and I committed to
preparing the NP itself and a draft text to go with it (based on where the
W3C task force left off). It is not customary to distribute an NP before a
meeting, and the text we will be using is already available online [1], so
this item could go on the agenda. Having it discussed could well prove
useful in the context of the Dublin Core discussion.

Part 1 should definitely be discussed. (Will there be a new draft based on
the Montreal discussion? There really should be.)

Part 4 (CXTM) should also be on the agenda. I understand that Naito-san and
Setogawa-san are working on a revised draft. Can that be published in the
next week or so, in time to meet the distribution deadline?

Steve

[1] Guidelines for RDF/Topic Maps Interoperability
    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/RDFTM/guidelines-20060630.html

--
Conference Chair, Topic Maps 2008
Oslo, April 2-4 2008