[sc34wg3] FW: WG3 meeting, Amsterdam, May 23-25

Steven R. Newcomb sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
14 Mar 2005 09:41:44 -0500

This is truly a kind and attractive offer, for which we should
certainly be appropriately grateful!  However, since you're asking
about the inconvenience, it's pretty inconvenient for me.  It means I
will have to miss most (at least) of one of the meeting days, due to a
commitment I have made to help with one of the tutorials at Frank
Gilbane's conference.  I had erroneously assumed that our meeting
would take place at RAI.

"Steve Pepper" <pepper@ontopia.net> writes:

> NOTE: FEEDBACK REQUESTED!
>
> We have received a very kind offer from Wolters Kluwer NL to
> host our meetings on May 23-25. The offer is very tempting
> (see below), but...
>
> Unfortunately the location is Den Haag rather than Amsterdam,
> which may present problems for those attending the opening and
> closing plenaries, or parts of the XTech conference.
>
> Den Haag is about 30 minutes from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
> by train, and about 50 minutes from Amsterdam Centraal Station.
>
> I will write back asking if there are any premises in Amsterdam
> that might be used instead.
>
> In the meantime, if holding the meeting in Den Haag rather than
> Amsterdam is a show-stopper for you in terms of attending, please
> let me know as soon as possible.
>
> If I don't hear loud objections and I cannot find an alternative,
> I will accept this offer.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>
> Chief Strategy Officer, Ontopia
> Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3
> Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps 1.0)

-- Steve

Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
Coolheads Consulting

Co-editor, Topic Maps International Standard (ISO 13250)
Co-drafter, Topic Maps Reference Model

srn@coolheads.com
http://www.coolheads.com

direct: +1 540 951 9773