xml:id RE: [sc34wg3] Compact syntax requirement question

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:04:06 +0200

* Patrick Durusau

| I think part of the problem is not everyone shares the background
| that makes you say "XML is too painful."
|
| Realizing that we all have other committments, perhaps making the
| case for a "compact" syntax along the lines of LTM or AsTMa=, rather
| than assuming everyone shares the same view of an XML syntax might
| ease us past this point.

Yeah, it's becoming clearer that that may be necessary. I hope what I
wrote in my reply to Bernard provides at least the beginnings of that
argumentation.

| Personally I think very abbreviated syntaxes are probably the
| favorites of heavy users while XML (but still compact) syntaxes
| would probably be favored by less heavy users.
|
| Both are legitimate user communities.

Of course. Nobody is suggesting that we remove XTM or anything like
it.