[sc34wg3] TMDM - Proposal for the removal of variant items

Lars Heuer sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:59:37 +0100

Hi all,

Because the FDIS of TMDM comes nearer and nearer and the following
proposal still does not appear in the document repository, I've
published it at a temporary location.

    Proposal for the removal of variant items from Topic Maps - Data
    Model
    <http://semagia.com/tmp/TMDM%20-%20Remove%20Variants.txt>

I know, we are very, very (maybe too) late with the proposal, but the
decision to change the XTM was made very late. The chance to remove
variants from the TMDM is only possible if XTM 1.1 does not support
them, and this wasn't possible without a backward compatibility break.

Even if this proposal cannot be considered because of ISO regulations
(TMDM becomes FDIS) I'd like to bring it to your attention.

Best regards,
Lars
--
http://semagia.com