[sc34wg3] Individual contribution on the U.S. N.B. position onthe progress ion of Topic Map standards

Kal Ahmed sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:20:49 +0100

I detect a leading question, but I shall rise to the bait anyway - at
least partially :-)

I can load a topic map created by Ontopia into TM4J (and vice-versa) -
I can exchange information between multiple applications that implement
topic map processing as described by ISO 13250. I can describe existing
classification systems; thesaurii; CMS meta data and even relational
tables in terms of topic map constructs (as defined by ISO 13250).

That means I can exchange information between applications successfully.

There is much more that can be done based on existing ISO 13250 - it
needs time to be embedded in the information ecosystem and time for
research to be done and to push the boundaries of what the standard
provides. Why does *ISO 13250*  need to do more ?

Cheers,

Kal

--
Kal Ahmed <kal@techquila.com>