[sc34wg3] Individual contribution on the U.S. N.B. position onthe progress ion of Topic Map standards

Jan Algermissen sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:24:49 +0200

Kal Ahmed wrote:

> ...and
> people are managing to create all kinds of systems and to interchange
> information successfully.

Kal--

this is no attempt to start an argument here, the follwoing question
is meant seriously:

You say that people manage to interchange information successfully. Can
you be more explicit what that means?

Can you give an example (an existing project or so)?

What does it mean to *fail* to interchange information successfully?

What does it mean to overcome this failure and how do especially
Topic Maps solve contribute to overcoming this failure?

Or in other words, what part of Topic Maps make it possible to
"interchange information successfully"?

Again: no intention to be picky, I just like this stuff straightened
out because I am not entirely clear about this myself.

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen                           http://www.topicmapping.com
Consultant & Programmer	                  http://www.gooseworks.org