[sc34wg3] SAM-issue psi-generics (was: SAM-issue term-scope-def)

Nikita Ogievetsky sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 17:24:55 -0700

> * Lars Marius Garshol
>
> Yes, but instanceOf assignment is a statement about the subject
> represented by the topic, not about the topic. (Just as with all other
> characteristic assignments.)
>
> So as long as topic "marc" does not represent a topic, and I say
>
>   [marc : topic = "Marc de Graauw"
>    @"http://www.marcdegraauw.com/aboutme_eng.htm"]
>
> I would be claiming that you are a topic, right?

Let me try...
You would be claiming that in the scope of the authored by you topic map
document
Marc represented a subject worth talking about and worth spending your
precious time
on creating a topic element :-)

So I do not think that this is such an easy decision.
Besides I am as guilty as Mark (was?) and I was using rtm:topic as an RDF
class in the older
RDF Topic Map schema :-)

--Nikita.