[sc34wg3] SAM-issue psi-generics (was: SAM-issue term-scope-def)

15 Jul 2002 19:13:16 +0200

* Marc de Graauw

| Nevertheless, I think you should make the question 'Are topic map
| characteristic assignments assertions about topics or about
| subjects' a separate issue and put it on the table in Montreal (or
| Baltimore).

That makes sense to me. I was thinking that this was implicit in
psi-generics, but probably it's better to separate the two, since this
is such a central issue. That way we can make sure we hash this out
properly.

Issue 'term-topic-characteristic-assignment' has been born.

| A lot about it has been said by very few people, so I think it would
| be good to have some explicit consensus on it.  Up to now it has
| been 'hidden' in the issue psi-generics, and if that is resolved on
| other grounds (the PSI 'topic' is of no use), the subject-or-topic
| issue disappears.

Agreed.