[sc34wg3] Re: [topicmaps-comment] I need a map to follow the postings!

03 Oct 2001 23:00:21 +0200

* James David Mason

| I'm trying to follow discussions, and I'm having a hard time keeping
| up with what thread I'm on at any given moment. Some of the threads
| seem to migrate from one list to another, which makes it hard to
| sort messages in my reader.

This problem would go away by itself if only people could follow basic
mailing list etiquette and not cross-post. In special cases, posting
to one list to notify readers of a thread on another list may be a
good idea, but cross-posting is IMHO something we should avoid entirely.

It is hard to keep track of all that is happening on these three
lists, and cross-posting makes it even harder, not easier.

--Lars M.