[sc34wg3] I need a map to follow the postings!

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 16:28:57 -0400

Do we have any volunteers to prepare a Topic Map of the threads on these
lists?

I'm trying to follow discussions, and I'm having a hard time keeping up with
what thread I'm on at any given moment. Some of the threads seem to migrate
from one list to another, which makes it hard to sort messages in my reader.
(I'm reminded of the article I just saw about how easily DNA fragments
migrate on the genes in Bubonic Plague.)

There are quite probably some issues that need to be posted to all lists,
but when a thread starts on one list, then gets copied to a second and the
replies start coming on the second, then the third, it gets frustrating to
try to figure out who's replying to whom and about what (particularly after
there a few <snip>s in the messages, changes of title, etc.).

Jim Mason

(Yes, I know I'm making it worse by posting yet again to three lists.)