[sc34wg3] Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled identifiers yearning to be used.

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Fri Apr 6 20:06:23 EDT 2012

Greetings!

I don't post about my posts, at least not very often, but I really liked
the title for this one.

http://tm.durusau.net/?p=23696

BTW, "big data" is becoming a funding priority in the U.S. I assume
elsewhere as well.

Incompatible semantics are about to collide, in some cases rather
spectacularly. (In case you don't remember, the U.S. burned $125 million
in satellite into Mars b/c of an English vs. metric incompatibility.)

Not that a topic map would have helped catch the problem but it might
have helped to prevent it.

Can't promise anything that spectacular but you can't ever tell.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB) - member

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau