[sc34wg3] WG3 focus

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Tue Nov 8 12:02:32 EST 2011

Dmitry,

Thanks! Sounds like something we need to discuss.

On 11/05/2011 02:41 PM, Dmitry wrote:
> I think WG3 can contribute to developing  "reference architecture"  for systems that we all are dreaming about/working on. This reference architecture should define main concepts, main components and possible interactions between these components, explain various architectural alternatives. It also should  articulate value proposition of using this type of architecture. Specific work items such as SDShare become part of  the "big picture". Value proposition should be articulated for various audiences.
>
> For example,  topic map/triple/graph datastore (one of the components of reference architecture)  can increase development productivity (Neo4j, BrightstarDB could be good examples).

Can you say a bit more about a "reference architecture?" Is it something
that would have a conformance statement? Or just be a guide to how
components could fit together. Like a roadmap?
> Reference Architecture can help entrepreneurs with identifying "hot spots" , creating new businesses, products, services, collaboration and competition.

Apologies for not recognizing the usage of "Reference Architecture."

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

PS: Are you using Hadoop? Just curious.