[sc34wg3] WG3 Focus

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Wed Nov 2 08:53:21 EDT 2011

Graham,

Just one point of clarification:

Do you want to discuss SDShare as a goal for WG3?

;-)

I have the new NP form and hope to have it completed before Friday.

Too late to discuss this week but how to proceed with an NP on SDShare
could be on the agenda for the following WG3 conference call.

Hope you are having a great week!

Patrick

PS: Thanks for using SDShare as an example. I think there is some room
for innovation in WG3 but having some low cost, high visibility wins
based on almost off the shelf technology would be nice as well.

Not a fully formed idea but is there a comparison to commodity computers
and what we need to do in the semantic space? You can have your Cray-8
or whatever they are up to now or you can have 10,000 $500 commodity
boxes. Something to think about.