[sc34wg3] New TMCL slides

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Sat Nov 7 08:25:19 EST 2009

* Patrick Durusau

> But the "signatures" are an artifact of TMCL. Are you saying that
> syntax should drive the creation of association types?
>
> You may mean some deeper design consideration that underlies
> "signatures" in TMCL but that isn't apparent here.

What Dmitry is saying is that he wants to be able to specify in TMCL
that the works-for association type can have either the role types
person and company or person and non-profit-organization. That's two
different "signatures" (which is not an official term). So this is the
structure that he wants his topic map to have, but he can't express
that in the current TMCL.

What I'm saying is that I don't think he should be using two different
combinations of role types in the same association type in the first
place. Therefore I'm not so keen to add support for that.

--Lars M.
http://www.garshol.priv.no/tmphoto/
http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/