[sc34wg3] New TMCL draft

Arnar Lundesgaard arnar.lundesgaard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 08:42:51 EDT 2009

2009/6/29 Lars Heuer <heuer at semagia.com>:
> [...]
>>> 2. Pharase 7.9 Reifier Constraint
>>>
>>> I think the Role Type should be included in the Reifier Constraint.
>
>> Do you have a use case for reifying roles?
>
> Aside from the question if it belongs to TMCL or not, I am interested
> in a use case for reifying roles. Has someone ever reified a role? If
> so, why? :)

(The use-case below is not relevant to the second problem Naito-san
raised, but is one answer to Lars' question.)

We use role-reification to store information on how something should
be presented/grouped/hidden in schema-driven (in-browser)
instance-editing and automated context-listings in ZTM2. The
particulars of what widget to use, display names, position etc. is
often different depending on which “side” you are viewing the
association from.

It was cumbersome so we dropped the use of role-reification for
something even more elaborate in  ZTM3. :-)

  – Arnar