[sc34wg3] Semicolon or not semicolon

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Thu Jan 31 12:08:17 EST 2008

[...]
> syntax). If they fit into CTM is another question, I think. The idea
> to create binary assocs with predefined role types (subject, object)
> is sexy, but I wonder if this is the right thing for CTM.

And if that's something for CTM and we want support it directly (not
via the work-around), we could create a rule like this:

    ctx-binary-assoc ::= <topic-ref> <topic-ref>

Within the "topic" production without changing CTM too much. Maybe it
would be a bit confusing because "isa" and "ako" use the same syntax
without the standard subject/object role-types, though.

   john o:works-for The-Beatles .

becomes

   o:works-for(tmrdf:subject: john, tmrdf:object: The-Beatles)

Template invocations require parenthesis, so we can easily decide if
we're creating a binary assoc or invoke a template:

   def plays($player, $instrument, $song)
   end

   john o:works-for o:TheBeatles         # Bin. assoc
        plays(o:piano, o:Imagine) .      # Template invocation

This is not a proposal, just a thought. Brainstorming.. . ;) I am not
convinced if I like it or not. :)

Best regards,
Lars
--