[sc34wg3] Semicolon or not semicolon

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Thu Jan 31 08:29:05 EST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

[...]
> This proposal will cover probably 80% of associations without templates.
> It  will also simplify RDF interoperability.

Just for the record: I like some of these ideas very much (not the
syntax). If they fit into CTM is another question, I think. The idea
to create binary assocs with predefined role types (subject, object)
is sexy, but I wonder if this is the right thing for CTM.

A roundabout way to achieve this within the current CTM-syntax would
be:

    def _($subj, $type, $obj)

        %prefix tm-rdf <http://....>

        $type(tm-rdf:subject: $subj, tm-rdf:object: $obj)
    end

    john _(works-for, The-Beatles)
         _(works-for, Platic-Ono-Band)
         _(plays, guitar).

etc...

Yes, naming the assoc-type directly is nicer, but I just wanted to
show that you can do this within current CTM.

Best regards,
Lars
--
http://www.semagia.com