[sc34wg3] Subordinate clauses

Dmitry db3000 at mac.com
Wed Jan 30 08:55:33 EST 2008

On Tuesday, January 29, 2008, at 09:32PM, "Xuân Baldauf" <xuan--2008.01--sc34wg3--isotopicmaps.org at baldauf.org> wrote:
>In my work for creating CTM documents as a means to collect information
>in an ad-hoc manner, I almost always want to write down the source of
>the information I got. I do it like this:
>
>    john
>      - "John Lennon"
>      works_for({the_beatles
>        - "The Beatles"
>        isa music_group
>      })
>      died_in(new_york) ~{?
>    source_resource("http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/8/newsid_2536000/2536321.stm")
>    }

I agree, it would be great. Nested topics also can simplify TMCL.

It will be possible to write something like this:

o:Person
    tc:has_name [
       tc:name_type o:full_name;
       tc:card_min 1;
       tc:card_max 1
   ]
.

Nesting works nice with other proposal: standard roles: tm:subject and tm:object.

john
      - "John Lennon"
     o:works_for   [  the_beatles - "The Beatles"; isa music_group];
     o:died_in   new_york ~ [
          =<http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/8/newsid_2536000/2536321.stm>
      ]
.

I use "[]" for nested topics (similar to N3). [] creates a topic with autogenerated item identifier.
o:works and o:died_in are real associations in this case with standard roles tm:subject and tm:object

Dmitry