[sc34wg3] Multiline strings in CTM

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Thu Nov 1 12:08:51 EDT 2007

Hi Lars,

> CTM currently supports two string syntaxes: single-quoted and triple-
> quoted. The only difference between these is that only the triple-
> quoted allow line breaks inside the string. This, as we now know,

This is slightly wrong. In a previous draft, we had have that
difference, but now *both* allow line breaks (due to a request in
Oslo).

The reason to keep the triple quoted strings: It allows to embed XML
easily (you don't have to escape the quotes for the attributes) and to
allow single quotes within triple quoted strings.

   """
   He said "Hello World"
   """

   """<xml here="value"/>