[sc34wg3] How to process <mergeMap> and added scopes?

Geir Ove Grønmo sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:59:15 +0100

On 1/16/06, M.Altheim <M.Altheim@open.ac.uk> wrote:
> If I go to the trouble to answer this, do I also have to
> answer the queries of Lars Marius, Robert, and Steve
> Pepper too? Does anyone in this group ever take something
> one says at face value, or do I have to spend several
> hundred hours arguing with every single one of you until
> I'm blue in the face? I'm under the impression I'm not
> going to convince you anyway. That seems clear.

This particular thread was mainly aimed at those
interested in how the specification is to be interpreted, and
it was not an argument against anything or anyone.

> You don't get it. Both Jim and I have spent time stating
> our use cases.

I believe I understand the use-cases presented in the other thread,
and I agree 100% that they may useful in some situations.

That is not what this is about. The problem is that if the specification
is not explicit about how to process a XTM document then you can't
expect that XTM documents are interoperable even though some
of the simpler ones are.

> If you don't understand it, don't accept it,
> whatever, fine. But I'm not going to spend the innumerable
> hours responding to your interpretation of my statements,
> which stand.

Well, I can't see that I was trying to interpret your statements
in any way... This is the first post in this thread afterall. :)

--
Geir O.