[sc34wg3] WG3 meeting agenda, Seoul

Motomu Naito motom at green.ocn.ne.jp
Sun Apr 2 22:08:28 EDT 2006

Dear Pepper-san,

At 21:56 06/03/31, you wrote:
>I am still waiting to hear from most WG3 project editors regarding the
>upcoming meeting in Seoul on May 29-June 1. Our draft agenda is overdue,
>so if I don't receive notice, by the end of this weekend, about what you
>want to discuss in Seoul and how much time you need, I will make my own
>best guess. Thanks to Patrick Durusau who has already let me know his
>requirements for the TMRM (ISO 13250-5).
>
>If any other members of WG3 have items they would like to discuss, please
>let me know as soon as possible.

For "Metadata for Published Subjects" I think we need one or two hours in
order to discuss the content of the new work item proposal.

Best regards,

Motomu Naito

>Some news: CTM and GTM have been approved as New Work Items, so
>congratulations, everyone!
>
>Korea has offered editors for both projects. I request Prof. Jaeho Lee to
>prepare a discussion for Seoul on GTM, and Prof. Sam Oh do the same for
>CTM. Editors will be appointed at that meeting.
>
>Turkey, an O-member, has offered Prof. Hayri Sever as an expert on CTM
>and we would be very pleased to see Turkey becoming actively involved in
>our work. I hope Prof. Sever will be able to attend the meeting in Seoul.
>
>TMCL has also been approved as a CD, but with two No votes and a lot of
>comments. The editors are asked to prepare a response to the comments and
>a new draft for distribution at least four weeks before the Seoul meeting.
>
>A reminder that TMRM is currently undergoing CD ballot, with a due date
>of May 26th. Please get your comments in to your national bodies in good time.
>
>Looking forward to see as many of you as possible in Seoul. Project
>editors: Please let me know if you will NOT be able to attend.
>
>Steve
>
>--
>Steve Pepper <pepper at ontopia.net>
>Chief Strategy Officer, Ontopia
>Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3
>Coordinator, W3C RDF/TM Task Force
>Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps 1.0)

Motomu Naito <motom at green.ocn.ne.jp>
CEO, Knowledge Synergy Inc.
3-747-4-203, Kusunokidai, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-0037 Japan
http://www.knowledge-synergy.com/
phone: +81-4-2993-0519  cell phone: +81-90-4926-1306
Delegate to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3 (Topic Maps WG) from Japan