[sc34wg3] Successful Topic Maps conference in Norway

Steve Pepper pepper at ontopia.net
Sun Apr 2 06:23:31 EDT 2006

Just to let you know that the Topic Maps Norway (Emnekart 2006) conference held here in Oslo last Wednesday was a great
success. We had 220 registered attendees (which, as Lars Marius points out elsewhere [1], is the equivalent of 14,200
attendees at a US conference, or 62,200 at one in Chinca :-). Lots of great presentations (mostly case studies),
including a full-day English track. [2]

Most of the presentations are already online [3]; my closing keynote -- a SWOT analysis of Topic Maps -- is also
available at [4].

Lars Marius has blogged the conference [5].

Steve

[1] http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/29.html
[2] http://dataforeningen.no/www.dataforeningen.no/?module=Articles;action=ArticleFolder.publicOpenFolder;ID=1475
[3] http://forum.dataforeningen.no/showthread.php?t=260