[sc34wg3] www.topicmaps.com (and topicmaps.org)

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:39:45 +0200

* Murray
|=20
| You're quite welcome. I would of course be willing to work
| under the full direction of WG3, and would simply appreciate
| the committee agreeing beforehand to a means by which I
| would take such direction, so to avoid any confusion.

Fine by me. Let's see what Michel has to say.

| I expect it will initially be a somewhat iterative process,
| but we'd soon have the historical record online, with links
| to the current work, and updated to make more clear the
| status of *all* the extant documents. This would reduce any
| confusion people might have over the status of our works.

I'm OK with this, although we'll need to define what *all*
means. I don't see any point in preserving every version we
have in CVS -- only those that were actually distributed and
discussed by TopicMaps.Org. I alone have about 16 versions
for the period after Graham and I took over as editors. Many
of them were only seen by me in between reviews :-)

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>
Chief Strategy Officer, Ontopia