[sc34wg3] www.topicmaps.com (and topicmaps.org)

Murray Altheim sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:15:29 +0100

Steve Pepper wrote:
> Thanks, Murray, for a very constructive proposal. I would
> be happy to support it, provided you were willing to act
> under the direction of WG3. If Michel is amenable, we could
> put this on the agenda for the November meeting in Atlanta
> and draw up instructions along the lines you propose.

Steve,

You're quite welcome. I would of course be willing to work
under the full direction of WG3, and would simply appreciate
the committee agreeing beforehand to a means by which I
would take such direction, so to avoid any confusion.

I expect it will initially be a somewhat iterative process,
but we'd soon have the historical record online, with links
to the current work, and updated to make more clear the
status of *all* the extant documents. This would reduce any
confusion people might have over the status of our works.

Murray

Murray Altheim                          http://www.altheim.com/murray/
Strategic Services Development Manager
The Open University Library and Learning Resources Centre
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK               .

     All you have to do is spend any time around any scientists or
     academics to discover that they all disagree with each other
     and believe that their way of doing it is the only right and
     true way and that nobody else knows anything. -- Neil Gaiman