[sc34wg3] TMRM/TMDM Missing Link

Robert Barta sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 19 May 2005 07:46:38 +1000

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 10:24:20AM +0200, Steve Pepper wrote:
> Please send me a copy.

[ done offline ]

> What is the relationship between this work and the mathematical
> model that should have been part of the TMRM? Can I assume that they
> are one and the same?

That is the plan, yes.

> In that case, how were you and the TMRM editors thinking we should
> approach the issue during the Amsterdam meeting?

I cannot speak for the TMRM editors, but Patrick and /me have been in
intense (!) contact over the last weeks.

The Tau+ does not add anything new except that it tries to pin down
the relevant things while leave everything else unconstrained. It is
more the question whether the formalism resonates with the intentions
of the TMRM editors.

As I cannot be in Ams'dam this time (#^$*#^$), this rests in Patrick's
hands, I guess.

> Is there some way we can get a draft distributed to the WG in the
> next day or two, so that we have something of substance to discuss
> next week?

Anyone who is interested (and that have been a few so far) can get a
copy from Lars and /me anytime.

\rho