[sc34wg3] Compact syntax requirement question

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:28:07 -0400

Greetings,

I took a quick look at the gathered requirements and have a question on
one of them:

>(k) CTM should encourage the use of PSIs to refer to topics over the
>      use of IDs.

Q: Does this assume that the topic that would be referred to with an ID
has a PSI in the equivalent of its subject identifier property (TMDM
terminology)? (I am assuming that PSI is the one mentioned in (k).)

I don't have an opinion one way or the other (yet) but at least at
present most topics will not have PSIs.

Curious to know the reasoning behind this requirement.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau