[sc34wg3] supertype-subtype

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:49:57 -0400

Lars,

The note in 7.3 The supertype-subtype relationship, reads:

"Loops in this relationship are allowed, and should be interpreted to
mean that the sets of instances for all types in the loop are the same.
This does not, however, necessarily imply that the types are the same."

Ok, so B is a subtype of A, B is a subtype of A. (Assuming compliance
with the other rules.)

But, I keep sticking at: "...sets of instances for all types in the loop
are the same."

Do you mean "the same" for purposes of comparison on the type property?

I have tried to read it several ways and can only assume that "are the
same" assumes some context for application.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau