[sc34wg3] Montreal meeting, July 28-31 2005

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:04:57 +0200

* Steve Pepper

| PROJECT EDITORS: Please let me know how much time you would
| like to have allotted for your projects.

For TMDM we'd like 4 hours, but also flexibility enough to make sure
we really finish all issues. After this meeting there will be no more
substantive changes to TMDM, therefore TMDM has to take priority over
everything else. With luck 4 hours will be enough, but...

Known issues at this time:

  Strings vs locators as fundamental types

  Should a note making it clear that subject indicators need not
  necessarily exist be added?

  Should unique-characteristic PSI be part of TMDM?

  Define "Topic Maps" as term separate from "topic map"?

  Justification for appropriateness of type URIs.

  Should mappings to old topicmaps.org PSIs be defined?

  Should inferred information be added to the topic map?

  Move type-instance & supertype-subtype to clause 5 instead of 7?
  Add instance diagrams?

For XTM we'd like 1 hour. Known issues at this time:

| ALL: Please send proposals for agenda items to me.

We need to discuss setup, content, and maintenance of
www.topicmaps.com and psi.topicmaps.com.