... and what about un-merging? RE: [sc34wg3] Documenting merging rules in TMDM

Dmitry sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:48:17 -0500

On Mar 15, 2004, at 3:41 AM, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> At the moment there is no explicit provision for this. If vendors want
> to add additional constructs to support it, they can. In general I
> think this is an area that needs more theoretical work, and that
> trying to standardize support for this or anything relating to it is
> too early yet.

I also did some experimental SQL implementation of TM with unmerging
possibilities.
In my case each TM construct has additional information - set of
"sources". It allows easily
to unmerge  full topic map. It also helps to unmerge topics.

SQL allows efficiently  filter by source.

I suggested at some point to include this feature into SAM  but...
we probably need more experimental work this area.

Dmitry