... and what about un-merging? RE: [sc34wg3] Documenting merging rules in TMDM

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:13:53 +0100

* Kal Ahmed

| Speaking as one who has done this (TM4J supports unmerging), it is
| not exactly trivial but it is not too difficult to implement.
| Implementing it efficiently on the other hand is more difficult.

You could say that. According to the testing I've done on this the OKS
consistently outperforms TM4J by a factor of 10 on XTM import, and I
think this is the primary reason. On the RDBMS backend the difference
is even greater, and again I suspect this is the key reason.

So efficiency really is a major concern there.