[sc34wg3] Documenting merging rules in TMDM

Kal Ahmed sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:21:09 +0000

It seems to me that this kind of functionality could be done as part of
TMCL. I am thinking that there could be constraints such as if X is true
of topic A and Y is true of topic B then topic A and topic B must be
merged.

If TMCL does indeed build on TMQL then I think that we would end up with
a highly expressive language not only for constraining topic maps but
also for prescribing merging rules.

Cheers,

Kal