[sc34wg3] And yet another...

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:33:49 +0200

Hi Holger,

* Holger Rath

| Compact notation, easy to grasp, appealing to RDF people (not *only*
| because of the first two statements ;-), it can do more than TMDM
| (because TMDM is just one possible application of your FM).
|
| I like it! Good job!

Thank you! I was worried that the explanation of the model in there
might be too terse, so I'm glad to see you got it this quickly. :)

It can indeed do more than the TMDM; for example, it can represent RDF
directly, with no loss of information. One thing that is lacking is
more work on how to represent TMDM, because I believe that if we get
that right we can remove the TMDM/RDF distinction almost entirely.

| And I also have the impression (without knowing the latest TMRM
| version out of heart) that it is close to the TMRM minus the
| constraints/templating stuff TMRM has in it (and which is under
| discussion if it is necessary).

I'm not sure this is true. I've always seen the assertion model as
being the heart of the TMRM, and this model represents statements in a
very different way. They *are* similar in that they focus on
statements rather than nodes, however.