[sc34wg3] RE: ISO meeting schedule?

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:12:54 +0100

* Patrick Durusau wrote:

| Any more thoughts on having the ISO meetings post XML Europe? Barta
| indicates that is the only way he can attend. The number of billable
| days seems to be another consideration. Of course, if we start on
| Thursday (post-XML Europe), we can work through Sunday.

Lars Marius goes on holiday (to China) on April 22nd and thus won't
be able to attend any meetings after the conference. Given his role in
TMDM, XTM and TMQL, that leaves us with no real choice.

Robert has said he can probably be there to start the meeting on the
14th after all. So can Lars Marius and Graham. Mary can't make it at
all and neither can Michel. Kal couldn't commit to spending four
billable days at meetings but was otherwise agnostic on before or
after the conference.

Two important contributors to TMQL and TMCL (Rani Pinchuk and Giovani
Librelotto) can also be there the week before the conference, as can
Holger and Naito-san. I'm waiting to hear back from Ann on whether
she's OK with this but from her email I assume she is. Nobody else
has responded.

Based on the above, I am thinking that we will start on Wednesday 14th
and continue through Saturday and maybe also Sunday. I would like to
prioritize TMQL and TMCL on the first 2-3 days. How we assign the rest
of the time between the few remaining issues on TMDM, XTM and CXTM
committee drafts, on the one hand, and the RM on the other will
depend on how many National Body comments come in on the ballots and
who else (if anyone) signals their intention to attend the meeting.

I intend to post the meeting announcement in a couple of days time.
At the moment it looks like being from April 14-17/18. If there are
any further views on this, please let me know immediately.

Thanks.

Steve