[sc34wg3] Schedule of SC34 WG3 meetings at XML Europe?

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:15:37 -0500

Steve,

As I noted probably more than a month ago in private correspondence I
will be in Rome at a Bible translation conference and related meetings
during the week of April 12th - 16th and actually have a presentation on
the 16th.

Therefore, I will not be able to attend WG3 meetings from the 13th -
16th of April, 2004.

In the press of other things my conflict with these meeting dates just
slipped your mind. (Don't feel bad, I had to think about it when I got
your post and check my calendar. Came real close to agreeing to being in
two places at one time.)

Realizing that we do have an opportunity to push ahead with topic maps
and that we should devote the time necessary to move forward, I would
like to float a alternative.

My impression is that we have meet prior to the SC34 plenary in order to
be able to submit our reports for acceptance by SC34. I have been unable
to find any provision that prohibits us from meeting apart from SC34 and
simply submitting our report to SC34 for acceptance by other means than
voting in a physical meeting of SC34.

Assuming the foregoing is correct, which it may not be, could we meet
from April 22nd to April 25th, perhaps at another location in the
Netherlands?

I appreciate your bringing this issue this far in advance as I was going
to make plane reservations in the next day or so for
Rome/Amsterdam/Atlanta and those would be expensive and annoying to change.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick