Inappropriate citation: was Re: [sc34wg3] DM conformance

23 Nov 2003 15:43:49 +0100

* Lars Marius Garshol

| Here's the Scope clause of the current ISO 13250-3 draft (not yet
| published; working on that):
|   This part of ISO/IEC 13250 defines an XML-based interchange syntax
|   for topic maps, which can be used to interchange instances of the
|   data model defined in [ISO 13250-2]. It also defines a mapping from
|   the interchange syntax to the data model. The syntax is defined with
|   a RELAX-NG schema, and more precision is provided through the
|   mapping to the data model, which effectively also defines the
|   interpretation of the syntax.
| This answers the question, doesn't it?

* Patrick Durusau

| No, because like members of other NBs I cannot rely on documents
| that are not part of the ISO process.

So what? I gave you an example of how you could see "what foundation a
particular standard claims" by quoting how an upcoming draft would do
this, there being nothing else to quote.

To repeat what I said: would such a piece of text satisfy you as to
what foundation the standard in which it appeared claimed?