[sc34wg3] WG3 agenda for London meeting

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:38:14 +0100

Michel,

At 15:59 25.03.2003 +0100, you wrote:
>There is more on the agenda than what you have
>listed. There is for example a need for a long technical
>meeting on the RM.

I have listed everything I have been informed about. I was
asked for half a day devoted entirely to the RM and that is
what I put in the agenda.

However, I think there is room for a breakout for more technical
work on the RM. I would suggest it take place in parallel with
the TMQL discussion.

>In general I believe that 4 days of meeting is not good practice.
>In Baltimore it has end up being a disaster (what you call a
>circus). There is no reason why we should do that again.

I also agree that 4 days, in general, is too much. But it is the
lesser evil this time around. The circus in Baltimore was in no
way due to the fact that we had 4 days of meetings, but rather
the attempt to move things forward *beyond* those 4 days.

>That's exactly my point. We need a WG plenary and then decide
>whatever meetings need to take place, knowing that nobody is
>going to be able to attend all meetings.
>
> > I think we need to set aside time on Monday afternoon for this.
> > I propose two alternatives
>
>No the WG plenary needs to take place BEFORE all other meetings,
>not after.

Michel, look at the agenda. There *is* a "plenary" at the start
of the Friday - it's a general session:

>Friday May 2nd
>AM
>   - Greetings, roll call, approval of draft agenda,
>     meeting times, and the like.
>   - Road Map and Timetable of Work (2 hrs)

All I'm saying is that we also need to set aside time for agreeing
on the recommendations that will be put before SC34. So tell me, what
is your preference? (A) or (B)?

> >      (A) 4pm-6pm
> >          This has the disadvantage that we have to cut short the
> >          TMQL workshop.
> >
> >      (B) 6pm-8pm
> >
> > Please everybody - vote for the time that suits you best as soon
> > as possible.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Ontopian                   http://www.ontopia.net