[sc34wg3] Draft agenda for Montreal meeting

30 Jul 2003 11:47:26 +0200

* Patrick Durusau

| Not sure how profitable a discussion of the liaison work with OASIS
| will be until we reach a common understanding of how the work in
| OASIS will be progressing. Not objecting to the discussion, just
| think it will be more productive with a common understanding of the
| future of the OASIS work.

I agree with Patrick on this. Let's do the OASIS discussion first,
then work out the ISO-OASIS relationship, if indeed that does need
working out.

| Personally I am interested in discussing how we increase the
| ownership of the topic maps paradigm so that we have the critical
| mass of people to both generate interest in OASIS TCs as well as
| make substantial progress in them. (Note the emphasis on planning
| for the future and not chewing over the past. Despite my many
| delusions, I have never seriously thought that I could change the
| past.)
|
| Does that sound like the beginnings of something we could
| productively discuss?

I'm also interested in this, but where and how we should discuss it I
am less sure of.