[sc34wg3] Topic Maps land and SAM land

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:26:00 -0500 (EST)

> I don't think there is an issue here - my choice of words was intended
> to help move an apparent block in understanding, and not as part of a
> debate on the wording of the standard. We already know we need a
> glossary ;-)
>

>:-( Me too, actually, as far as "apparent block to understanding."

I don't take the notion represented by the words "data model" as a given
or obvious -- see e.g John Sowa at:

    http://mars.virtual-earth.de/pipermail/cg/2001q3/003844.html

and at:

   http://mars.virtual-earth.de/pipermail/cg/2001q3/003835.html

I note also that my request for a citation for an agreed-upon definition
of "metamodel" has gone unanswered as well. Of course, maybe the word is
only there for marketing purposes, so I shouldn't concern myself with it.

My requests should be easy to fulfill, yes? If the terms are indeed
agreed-upon and well-understood?