[sc34wg3] From the UK

Ann Wrightson sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:26:46 -0000

We had our UK committee meeting today. Here is what we agreed to say to
the list:

Response to NWI:=20

- Response will be "yes with comments"; detailed comments to be drafted.

- UK will provide an editor for HyTM syntax part.=20

It is our opinion that the most important short-term activity for WG3 is
to prepare drafts of the RM and SAM that can be circulated for National
Body comment well in advance of the May meeting. The formal process of
issuing stable drafts at least 4 weeks in advance of the WG meeting is
essential to enable discussion by national body committees in
preparation for the WG meeting. We will have our UK delegation briefing
meeting on 8th April, and require the draft documents by April 4th at
the latest.