[sc34wg3] Topic Maps land and SAM land

10 Feb 2003 00:24:38 +0100

* Sam Hunting

| My procedure is invest time in the actual text of the standard,
| hopefully in order to improve it, rather than investing in
| characterizations or "claims", one way or the other.

As you wish. It would be welcome, however, if you (and everyone else)
could participate in the roadmap discussion. If we can't actually get
agreement on a new roadmap we'll have to come to London with committee
drafts of parts of the new 13250 based on N0323, and hope that the
committee will accept it. If the committee then adopts a different
roadmap we'll have wasted at least a man-month of work. Not your
problem, of course, but it would be appreciated if you could help
avoid it.

(Not to forget that other efforts are also stuck, waiting for a new
roadmap.)