[sc34wg3] Topic Maps land and SAM land

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 18:10:22 -0500 (EST)

My procedure is invest time in the actual text of the standard, hopefully
in order to improve it, rather than investing in characterizations
or "claims", one way or the other.

Il faut cultiver notre jardin.

> * Lars Marius Garshol
> |
> | Well, would it be any easier for them to use the RM than to use SAM?
>
> * Sam Hunting
> |
> | Meaning, the question contains a misconceived opposition. It is not
> | either/or. It is both/and.
>
> Oh, come on. People on this list have repeatedly been claiming that
> the fact that the RM can more easily accomodate other information
> representations than XTM is the main reason why we must have it. And
> then, when I ask for an explanation, this is what I get?
>
> Either what they say is true, or it is not. So which is it?

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

Co-Editor, ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps

Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.