[sc34wg3] Let's revert to N323!

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 12:33:51 +0100

At 06:06 03.02.2003 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>If your proposal is to use N0323 as a starting point for discussion (cf.
>your call at the end of this message) and to clarify what the consensus
>*means* in terms of actual work, I don't see the difference from what Lars
>said several posts ago. Do you see your post as calling for something
>different? (Just checking because that was my understanding of Lars'
>original post(s) on this topic and want to make sure I am not missing
>something.)

You are not missing anything! I am simply backing up Lars Marius' proposal
in my capacity as convenor. It seems to me that we need to establish
agreement on this position ("N323 is our starting point") if we are to make
any progress at all between now and London.

I would like National Body representatives and other committee members to
either state their support for this position on this list as soon as
possible, or else explain *why* they do not want to regard N323 as the
point of consensus from which discussions proceed.

I agree with you that N323 is still too vague. Lars Marius has indicated
that he is prepared to clarify whatever needs to be clarified, but to do
that, he needs input from the whole committee.

So, committee, please take this seriously if you want to see progress
between now and London.

What we need is:

(1) Clear indication that you regard N323 as the best starting point
(2) Specific and detailed proposals for improvements to N323

Thanks.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)