Changed distribution:? was Re: [sc34wg3] Let's revert to N323!

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 06:23:39 -0500

Steve,

I have read both N0323 and N0372 and wondered if you could illustrate
the difference you mention as:

Steve Pepper wrote:
<snip>

> (i)  We recommended going for multiple standards instead of a multipart
>      standard.
> (ii) We rearranged the distribution of content between the SAM and the
>      syntax parts.
>
> According to Lars Marius (the editor and primus motor behind both the SAM
> and the XTM syntax specification) the latter decision screws things up
> for
> him in a major way. We should take this very seriously.

I am assuming by "syntax" parts you mean XTM and/or HyTM. Can you say a
little more about how N0372 changes that allocation? It may be too early
(US time) but I am not seeing the distinction you mention between N0323
and N0372.

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau