[sc34wg3] Thoughts on the RM

Mary Nishikawa sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:14:50 +0900

>*Steve Pepper
> > But I do not believe that it has anything to do with
> > topic maps; I do not believe the ideas are anywhere close to
> > mature; and I no longer believe the RM should be part of ISO
> > 13250.

*Michel Biezunski
>I don't believe it either. Why? Because the Reference model
>is gone. It's now called "Topic Maps Model". And I think
>that there are good reason for this change of name. I may
>even agree with you that this model should not be part
>of ISO 13250. We should discuss instead whether it should not
>*be* the new ISO 13250.

Michel, sorry, can you clarify this, I am not so sure what you wish to discuss.

You are saying that you want to discuss whether the Topic Maps Model should
*not*  be the new ISO 13250, or whether it should be?

If you are saying that it "should be* I will respectfully say again, please
look at  the proposal for the new work item for ISO 13250 and the ballot. I
think those documents are the basis for the agenda that we have at the moment.

Cheers,
Mary