[sc34wg3] Questions on N0396: (16) locators

24 Apr 2003 10:03:26 +0200

* Murray Altheim

| Honestly, I haven't been following this discussion all that closely,
| but it sounds very much like you're trying to solve all the world's
| problems, which is a problem in itself.

No, that's precisely what we're *not* trying to do. We have just added
a note warning about the existence of this problem. That's all.

| Dunno, it just seems like a Sisyphean task in front of you, and I
| can't think of too many specs that attempt it. Put it another way,
| within the W3C they've spent many *thousands* of hours arguing over
| what URIs are and what they mean and what they taste like fried up
| in butter. It's not worth the pain, really.

I agree, and we're not doing it, either. I still think it's useful to
warn people that "here be dragons".