[sc34wg3] Questions on N0396: (11) occurence

Jan Algermissen sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:18:26 +0200

In section 3.7 N0396 says:

  "Occurrences are essentially a specialized kind of association,
   where one participant in the association must be an information
   resource."

I (of course) agree with that, but there is one thing that I don't
understand: In associations in N0396 the 'role playings' are recognized
as being subjects (represented as association role items) but (although
an occurrence is understood to be a kind of association) in the case
of occurrences the 'role playings' are NOT recognized to be subjects.

In other words, N0396 enables me to make statements about the role playings
in associations but not in occurrences.

What is the reason for this?

Jan

--