[sc34wg3] Reading, commenting - and responding

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:21:41 +0200

Thanks, Sam, this posting was very encouraging. (You should have more
Tax Days :-) Reading, commenting - and *responding* directly to comments.
That's what everyone should be doing.

At 14:23 14.04.2003 -0400, Sam Hunting wrote:
>The substantive point I was trying, and failing, throgh my use of
>repetitio, to make was this: it's reasonable to assume that consensus is
>going to be achieved more rapidly if all parties read and commment on all
>the work.
>
>I did this for the last version of the SAM; the work on this version is
>not complete, but it is coming, as is the RM->SAM mapping.

I know Lars Marius and Graham found your comments on the last version of
the SAM very useful so I look forward to your comments on the current
version.

Even more, I look forward to seeing the RM->SAM mapping, for the simple
reason that I believe it *could* finally clear up a whole bunch of
misunderstandings (about which, see a separate post in response to
Patrick).

Even more than THAT, I would like to see TMA#2 and its mapping to the
RM.[*] It doesn't need to be complicated (in fact, the simpler it is, the
better, probably). What it *should* be is something other than a mere
subset of the SAM. Once that's on the table I think we might actually
be able to arrive at a real consensus.

As I promised earlier, I do intend to study the RM in detail and provide
comments. I've been waiting for sufficient bandwidth ... and I'm glad I
did, because after yesterday I think I will read it with different eyes.
(Once again, see my response to Patrick.)

Finally, I would like to apologise for the sarcasm in my previous
response to you.

Steve

[*] <begging>Please!</beggin>

--