[sc34wg3] Question on TNC / Montreal minutes

Nikita Ogievetsky sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 19:11:17 -0700

Actually the choice was between
1) on/off "merge" attribute
and
2)introduction of  typed  <label> elements (typed like occurrences with
<instanceOf>).

The former was chosen, although I long hoped for the latter.

Now, if 2) choice were selected you would have:

<topic id="t1">
   <baseName>
      <baseNameString>Mama Cass</baseNameString>
  </baseName>
</topic>
<topic id="t6">
  <label>
      <instanceOf><topicRef xlink:href="#possible-name"/></instanceOf>
      <labelString>Mama Cass</labelString>
 </label>
</topic>

This case is pretty clear, right?
(<labelString> I had invented just now and for the purpose of this example
only)

So is the case that Mark had questioned about.
Just imagine <label> elements in place of <baseName> with merge="off".
A little confusing, but ...

--Nikita.