[sc34wg3] SC 34 N0298/N0299 Draft Reference Model and Standard Application Model for ISO/IEC 13250Topic maps

15 May 2002 11:00:21 +0200

* Lars Marius Garshol

| For this reason I would like them to be submitted as an official UK
| document. This would ensure that they formally enter the process and
| can be handled according to procedure.

* Martin Bryan

| This can be done, but I cannot promise to attend any future WG3
| meeting, and certainly will not be available to discuss any of them
| at the August meeting. If you have any questions on any of them
| Barcelona is the only time I can guarantee to answer them other than
| by e-mail.

I accept that, but I feel that the questions that need to be given
priority in Barcelona are those which are directly holding up further
progress on the document. These are the ones that are listed in the
"SAM sub-agenda" posting.

Without clarification of those issues the authors cannot make further
progress on the current SAM draft, nor on the syntax specifications,
and I feel that that has to take priority over any other issues.

That being said I certainly hope that we will find time to discuss the
issues you have raised (a new version which incorporates those issues
directly in the text is already written,) because I certainly think
they are important. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if the proposed
agenda will eat all available time.

We'll see how it comes out in the actual meetings, but I can promise
you that we won't just drop the issues you have raised without
discussing them properly, whether via email or in a future meeting.